Edinburgh University Student Hub
The University of Edinburgh Asia Scotland Hub connects the Asia Scotland Institute to the extremely vibrant student body of the university. Our active community of Ambassadors ensures a grass-roots approach in encouraging the next generation to engage with Asia.
“I have attended multiple events by the Asia Scotland Institute who have brought in speakers from a wide range of industries. As a Finnish citizen, I found the events particularly informative as I have not interacted on a conversational level with professionals from Asia,. Listening to various speakers such as Kiyohiko Nishimura, Ex Deputy Governor of the Bank of Japan, helped me understand the opportunities and impact of the various Asian economies”
-Dante Jarhos, 3rd year Economics Student
Learn about various student’s opinions who have lived in Asia. If you are moving or going on exchange to Asia, this is a great resource to hear thoughts and opinion of those who have lived there before
Have you lived in Asia or are moving there? Send us a short paragraph of your experience and your thoughts.
- Taking the train to Asia: Mongolia – by Chak Lam Ip and David Ryan
- Cultural Differences between East and West: A Linguistic Perspective – by Laurel Lam
- Year Abroad: What I am Expecting – by Eric Ostring
- Singapore – by Jack Alexander Thomson
- Reflections on “Embracing Cultural Diversity in the Investment Industry” Event – Isabella Zhong